Speculating on SpecFic

Fantastic Literature: From epic fantasy to fairytales to myth-making

My Soul to Take - Rachel Vincent I don't usually read books bordering on horror, so I was unsure about reading about a girl who senses when people are about to die. I shouldn't have worried: I enjoyed My Soul to Take a lot and am glad there's plenty more where that came from!The mythology used in the book is interesting - I think it is fresh and engaging. Kaylee's discovery of her supernaturally inclined side and her acceptance of it is a little too quick and glossy for me, but otherwise I really enjoyed the pacing and premise of the book.I enjoyed reading about the characters immensely, especially Kaylee, who is great and relatable. And Nash, the love interest is awesome (and hot). I didn't trust him initially but he's definitely my favourite character now! Kaylee's best friend Emma is the only character I didn't like, because she didn't act how I think a best friend should act. She is jealous and controlling of her friend when she be concerned about all the changes in Kaylee's life. I liked this book a lot and will recommend it to anyone who wants a quick, enjoyable read to distract them. I plan to read the rest of the series as soon as I can. You can read more of my reviews at Speculating on SpecFic.