Speculating on SpecFic

Fantastic Literature: From epic fantasy to fairytales to myth-making

Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1)

Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1) - Abbi Glines I had to stop reading 40 pages in. Rife with grammatical and spelling errors, and an absolutely non-senisical plot line. The characters have no fire, no reality - they're just tired old stereotypes: the too-stupid-to-live main character, the jock that turns out to be deep and troubled and thoughtful, but dates the "wicked witch" of the school, and of course, the hot and mysterious ghost thing that stalks the girl. The only redeeming factor is that the MC doesn't have Bella syndrome - she doesn't think she's plain or ugly or anything, she's just an incredibly judgemental person. 40 pages out of 160 is enough for me, I think. This disappointed me on so many levels because I've read the Vincent Boys series, and the characters have always been well developed, and the plot lines made sense. On a side note,the amateurish painting of US high school life has left me feeling incredibly sorry for all students in the US: if American high schools are really the halls of torture and stereotypes and snap judgements as they are portrayed in literature and film, I don't think it's the kind of environment I'd survive in!!