Speculating on SpecFic

Fantastic Literature: From epic fantasy to fairytales to myth-making

The Way of Kings (Stormlight Archive)

The Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson Brandon Sanderson never fails to deliver on amazing world building and I was, as usual, astounded by the level of detail he puts into his writing. Everything, including the speech, mannerisms and military styles of the kingdoms is meticulously described and self consistent. The world is rich in detail - I especially love the way that the destructive high-storms have shaped the people of Roshar such that ‘storm’ is an expletive used instead of the F word. The wonderful world building is backed up by an amazing plot line.Part Two of The Way of Kings certainly starts off with a bang. Many questions are answered, but a lot more also come to light. There are some amazing revelations, some which can be guessed at if one has paid close enough attention to the quotes beginning each chapter. The world building is, as usual, without parallel, and I am always astounded at how much detail the book contains.I really loved this book and think it is a great conclusion to an awesome story. I found myself empathising more and more with Kaladin, Shallan and Dalinar. The other characters introduced in the interludes seem very interesting and I look forward to getting to know them in the subsequent books. It seems like a long wait until 2013 though!You can read more of my reviews at Speculating on SpecFic.